Sunday, June 26, 2011

Home again!

Saturday, June 4
    It's hard to believe I've spent eight days in Joplin.  The whole thing has been a bit surreal....feel like I'm in a Salvador Dali painting.  I've updated my computer, taught a couple of ladies the program and said my goodbyes.  I'll miss the ladies with whom I've worked. 
     We stopped in Galena at the DQ.  There were some people speaking flippantly about Joplin and the tornado...it made my blood boil, but then Timothy prayed for our food.  It was then I realized how much our time helping others in Joplin and seeing that destruction had affected him (and his sister).  His simple prayer for our food, the safety of the people of Joplin, their healing both physically and spiritually brought tears to my eyes.  (Side note:  nearly all of their prayers over the past weeks have included something about Joplin.  A time or two their own prayers made them cry for Joplin.  What a blessing those compassionate little hearts.)
    We made it home and literally dropped everything in the dining room and hit the hay.  I like my own bed.
     Now that I'm home, I've perused my photos many times.  I noticed in taking those pictures a theme...the American flag.  Whenever one was found it was hung up on anything a person could find - a fence, side of the house, even a stick.  What a show of patriotism and hope!  Here are just a few of those pictures.

This is one of my favorites I took.  No one placed these on the fence - the tornado did.


 These last three are not mine.  I pulled them from the internet, but I thought they were fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment