Wednesday, June 22, 2011

All Alone

Thursday, June 2
     It's all me today.  We've run off Rosamary who has been running the PSA station since the beginning (a week ago).  The lady is fantastic, but has been worked to the bone and hasn't been home since she got here.  She was sick yesterday, but I am sure that comes from working from seven in the morning til way past dark.  This job is consuming to get done.  I'll be interested to see how it looks in six weeks.  Whatever the case, I'm now in charge. 
     There was a meeting first thing this morning.  It was quite odd actually.  I'm so used to working with others and not being in charge that this is a different animal.  That and I am telling folks whom have known me since I was in diapers how things need to run and what needs to happen.  HA.  Life is definately interesting.  Everyone is exhausted.  You can see it on their faces, but laughter is abundant and that is a good thing.
     A gazillion notes meet me when I get to the PSA station.  Ha.  Rosamary and her daughter Celesta's sense of humor.  Love those two.  My personal shopping assistants arrive shortly before nine and we already have people waiting to be served.  It's gonna be a long day.

     I'm going to keep this short today.  I just want to tell you about one little boy.  This little one was only a couple of weeks old and as cute as a button.  Tiny, but with a voice.  It seems he was in his carrier at home when the tornado hit.  No one could get to him because it hit them so quickly.  When the winds died down and the whirling tornado was gone they finally found him behind the couch under some debris.  He didn't have a scratch on him.  His parents changed his name.  I'm not sure what his original name was, but his new name is Stormy.  His parents always wanted to remember that God had protected their son....I hope they never forget.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment