Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting tired

Monday, May 30
     Another day of data entry.  AHHHHH!  I'm getting tired, overwhelmed with paperwork and off my game because I'm working in the midst of chaos, however controlled.  Nonetheless, on I plodded and once again God brought a couple into my day that were a ton of help.  I honestly can't remember their names and that saddens me.  Perhaps they were one of those people that are only meant to be in our lives for a time to meet a specific need and then off they go?!  Whatever the case, these two filed papers and tallied data for me all day.  This allowed me to continue on the computer uninterrupted. 
     Oh, I had to call my papa-san (my dad) today.   
  My stress level was through the roof.  When
working in a disaster area and working with
 people (survivors) on a daily basis, the stress
and emotional toll gets to you.  You have to
tether yourself to your life or you can get lost. 
Thus, I called my daddy.  He's always there to
listen and has wisdom I often need.  I told him
 about my days, cried for a bit because my heart
 was breaking for the hundreds of people I had
 served and after a while I was able to go back
to work and do what I needed to do - help others.
  Thank you God for giving me the greatest dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment